Friday, April 1, 2011

First post

My first blog post ever. I don't intend to write stories about how my day has been, about stuff that I cook, about the state in the world, about politics, music, culture. There are already a lot of those kinds of blogs out there that do it much better than I possibly would.

Instead, this blog will be about the (computer) tools we use today in astronomy research. Currently at the stage of finishing my PhD studies I have worked with data from different telescopes, and used various software to reduce and analyze the data. I will try to give examples of how I have solved problems , made graphs for publications, written scripts and so on. This is also my way to give back to the people on the web where one can almost always find answers to questions. Hopefully this will be useful for someone! Stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment